The Complete Resume and CV Writing Course: Get the Ideal Job | Discount Coupon for Udemy Course
Learn the Art and Science of Resume and CV Writing - Job Search Skills, LinkedIn and Interview Skills all Included | Discount Coupon for Udemy Course
- 12 hours hours of on-demand video
- 2 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- 28 additional resources
- Learn how to target your resume toward a job announcement with keywords and correct format
- How to find COVID-19 jobs that you can consider
- How to find the qualifications for the COVID-19 jobs to determine if you can qualify
- Writing a resume in USAJOBS for the COVID-19 Jobs
- How to understand the Contact Tracer jobs that are being advertised by the states, public health departments
- How to write the resume toward specific qualifications in the resume
- How to write a targeted and compelling cover letter + a handy cover letter builder
- How to update your LinkedIn resume, so recruiters will find you
- How to navigate USAJOBS for Federal positions for high quality, stable careers
Kathryn Troutman, Resume Expert - Instructor - The Complete Resume and CV Writing Course: Get the ideal JobTJ Walker, Presentation Coach; Interview Preparation InstructorLearn the Art and Science of Resume and CV Writing - Job Search Skills, LinkedIn and Interview SkillsPart 1 - CV and Resume Writing - Kathryn gives real examples of career changers - Before & AFter, Keywords and how to matchPart 2 - COVID-19 JObs - Kathryn interprets the jobs; analyzes the qualifications; give insight about the positionThe Pandemic has caused Career Change plans. Many job seekers from Hospitality, Transportation are changing their fields into new careers. You will see BEFORE and AFTER resumes for Career Change Resumes.Resume and Career Coach Expert, Kathryn Troutman teaches quick lessons on FINDING KEYWORDS... How to add them to your resume ... How to be quick about it. Resume Keywords are a mystery to most job seekers. Many of the lectures include documents with keywords for your resume. See her documents - the keywords - they are available for you to download and study. It's critical in today's job market to take a few minutes to target each resume carefully.LinkedIn Resumes are designed for Career Change with New Skills, Certifications and Projects. Learn her best tips to match the LinkedIn resume to your future career. Cover letters are key to stand out and show that you can write and target the new industry. And watch her create a cover letter in 5 minutes based on a recruitment advertisement! These lectures will make a HUGE difference in tweaking your resume, getting found by AI and getting phone calls and emails back from recruiters. Kathryn Troutman, Resume Expert, Author and Coach share her best lessons for you and your resume! Today with the unemployment so high and people needing new jobs, new companies and even career change ... you need this resume reality course more than ever. Learn how to match your resume with qualifications and keywords with Kathryn's special technique.Kathryn reviews the new job market to support the COVID-19 response for Federal and state jobs! Learn where the jobs are and how to apply for them.Kathryn's live demonstrations of resume ... job announcement ... keywords ... mapping the words into the resume is unique and fast-moving!Learn how to build a resume that will get better results:1. Responses from the HR recruiters - what's next?2. Interview invitations?3. Offers!TJ Walker adds 100s of short lectures on the interview, presentation and communications techniques. Take your time, keep listening to improve your interview techniques.ONE STOP SHOP training for job search and career change: Learning the best resume format, finding the keywords, adding keywords to the resume, adding accomplishments and much more. The course will make a huge difference in your job search.This Resume and CV Writing course is ideal for anyone searching for more info on the following: LinkedIn - resume - career hacking - resume writing - cv - job search - LinkedIn profile - the complete resume - job - career. Plus, this course will be a great addition to anyone trying to build out their knowledge in the following areas: job search - LinkedIn - interviewing skills.Who this course is for:Furloughed EmployeesRecent GraduatesIT Cyber / Networking JobsekersStudentsEmployees seeking new positionsGovernment or STate EmployeesPublic Health professionalsMedical Professionals
Sections are minimized for better readability, click the section title to view the course content
- The Complete Resume and CV Writing Course: Get the Ideal Job Promo Video01:39
Kathryn Troutman, Resume Expert, Author and Coach shares her best lessons for you and your resume! Today with the unemployment so high and people needing new jobs, new companies and even career change ... you need this resume reality course more than ever. Learn how to match your resume with qualifications and keywords with Kathryn's special technique.
Kathryn reviews the new job market to support the COVID-19 response for Federal and state jobs! Learn where the jobs are and how to apply for them.
Kathryn's live demonstrations of resume ... job announcement ... keywords ... mapping the words into the resume is unique and fast-moving!
Learn now to build a resume that will get better results:
Responses from the HR recruiters - what's next?
TJ Walker adds 100s of short lectures on interview, presentation and communications techniques. Take your time, keep listening to improve your interview techniques.
ONE STOP SHOP training for job search and career change: Learning the best resume format, finding the keywords, adding keywords to the resume, adding accomplishments and much more. The course will make a huge difference in your job search.
- Why Should You Listen to Kathryn Troutman?01:04
Kathryn's is an international renowned resume expert! Founder, www.resume-place.com
Kathryn Kraemer Troutman is the founder and president of The Resume Place, Inc., a service business located in Baltimore, MD, specializing in writing and designing professional federal and private-sector resumes, as well as coaching and education in the federal hiring process. For the past 30 years, Troutman has managed her Professional Writing and Consulting Practice, Publishing and Federal Career Training business, and with her team of 20 Certified Federal Resume Writers, The Resume Place advises and writes more than 300 federal resumes per month for military, private industry and federal clients world-wide.
Internationally recognized as the “Federal Resume Guru” by federal jobseekers and Federal human resources specialists, Troutman created the format and name for the new “federal resume” that became an accepted standard after the SF-171 form was eliminated in 1995. She is the pioneering designer of the Federal Resume based on her first book, the Federal Resume Guidebook, which already is in the fourth edition.
Troutman is an in-demand, government contract career trainer, who has trained thousands of federal employees in writing federal resumes, KSAs, Resumix, USAJOBS and Quickhire resumes for more than 150 federal agencies in the United States and Europe. Her Federal Career Training courses and publications are listed on the GSA Schedule for government agency purchase. Her popular Web site, www.resume-place.com, receives more than 50,000 visitors per month, and provides online tools to assist with federal resume writing and federal job searches to jobseekers worldwide.
Troutman created the Certified Federal Job Search Trainer program – the first federal career train-the-trainer program ever – to train career counselors and military career counselors in the federal hiring process and on using the popular curriculum, Ten Steps to a Federal Job®, based on the award-winning book by the same name. Since 2002, more than 1000 career counselors and workshop leaders have been licensed to teach the Ten Steps curriculum. In addition, the 62 U.S. Navy Fleet and Family Support Centers worldwide teach this curriculum to separating and retiring military personnel and family members as part of the Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The U.S. Air Force, Coast Guard and Army military transition centers use the Jobseeker’s Guide (workshop handout) and curriculum to help military personnel write federal resumes for USAJOBS. University career counselors also are attending the Certification program and teaching the Ten Steps curriculum to students across the country.
Some of Troutman’s other federal career publications include the Federal Resume Guidebook, the award-winning Student’s Federal Career Guide and Ten Steps to a Federal Job, and the Military to Federal Career Guide, which is used in every Navy and Marine Corps base, and most Air Force career transition centers in the world.
Troutman is a Federal Career Coach to federal, military and private sector jobseekers who are striving to achieve their first job in government or get promoted. She is a Certified Career Management Coach with specialized expertise in government careers and advises executives in achievement of Senior Executive Service ranks, as well as career management and growth for all career levels.
A frequent radio, TV, and online guest, Troutman answers questions about Federal careers, resume writing and job search techniques. Troutman currently serves as Monster.com’s Federal Career Coach and writes a monthly column. She has been quoted and published hundreds of times on the topic of Federal resume writing and job search through syndicated news articles by Joyce Lain Kennedy and numerous career columnists. Troutman is a frequent guest on www.washingtonpost.com’s Federal Diary Live On-Line and www.federalnewsradio.com.
- Finding the Algorithm in a recruitment ad to match your resume05:09
Finding the Algorithm in a recruitment ad to match your resume!
Kathryn Reviews a fascinating job in Tokyo, Japan. This Product Manager (Education Technology; Coding and Technology Products) will be teaching teachers in elementary and secondary schools about how to TEACH coding and programming to children!
“This essential role exists to research the Japanese market and explore key opportunities and partners through which to introduce Educational Technology Products to Japan. A large part of the role will be to drive sustainable change through training teachers on the use of products; enabling teachers from a non-technical background to utilize online platforms to teach coding and technology to students in elementary, high schools and private schools.”
Here are the keywords, if you want to apply for this position:
WRITTEN AND SPOKE ENGLISH
TRAINING IN JAPANESE
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- Andrea - Career Change - Hospitality to Medical Equipment Manufacturing07:55
Andrea has been in the hospitality industry (hotels) for a long time and has been VERY successful. She has developed strategic plan, created teams of high-performing staff, and improved hotel overall scores. BUT THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ISN'T GREAT RIGHT NOW. SO, she is now targeting Medical Manufacturing and Product. She can take her Strategic Planning, Marketing, and Team Spirit to a new industry that is BOOMING to support the medical needs of AMERICA and hospitals! Learn how we switch her words into the new keywords for the new industry in this important training. See the target announcement attached as well.
- Jason - New Grad IT Specialist Cyber Seeking New Career Jr Cyber Analyst02:57
Jason has just finished a new degree in IT Specialist, Cyber Security and wants to begin his career. His past experience is NOT IT or CYBER. It is Security, Retail, Inventory. This lesson shows how to feature the right keywords, skills, software skills from the EDUCATION section of the resume. This is a true transformation of a previously short and non-targeted resume, into a GREAT looking impressive, TECHNICAL resume for Jr. Cyber positions.
- Amita- Seeking Cyber Security IT Specialist Career06:01
Amita is a recent graduate in Cyber Security, Information Technology Specialist. She has MANY jobs to consider. Learn how this matches the keywords and technical skills in the recruitment ad to the resume. The resume MATCHES! iMPRESSIVE ! See the keywords for the Jr. Cyber Analyst position that will be added to the resume. Announcement and Keyword List is attached as a document. See her before (too short) and AFTER resume that is filled with keywords, technical skills and concise descriptions of her courses and internships!
- Ryan - Changing Careers from Hospitality to Sales and Marketing02:50
Ryan is a Sous Chef. Time for a change. Hospitality industry is questionable today during COVID-29. She is making a career change from his resume. He has great skills. Time for a change. Look at his BEFORE (too short) and AFTER resume that is complete, succinct and impressive!
- Cecile - Furloughed - Going Corporate07:22
Cecile has EXTENSIVE Internship and Work experience! But it needs to be targeted and needs to feature the RELEVANT SKILLS for the corporate position we selected. There are MANY positions she could apply to, but the resume should be targeted with specific KEYWORDS so that the resume will MATCH the recruitment advertisement. She wants to get a Phone Call! She has international background, speaks French, has multiple skills. BUT again --- we have to feature the relevant.
- Lloyd- Videographer to eLearning Udemy video05:44
LLOYD IS GOING TO MOVE TOWARD E-LEARNING AND VIRTUAL VIDEO PRODUCTION.
His career had been athletic and musical production stars - BIG STARS too! To make the resume more interesting, here are Kathryn's coaching questions.. This resume is still a work in progress! Today !
Can you give me a couple of sentences about your most interesting projects?
One of my most interesting projects became the most interesting project when I received an inquiry from Beyonce's stylist for a Cocoon Umbrella. It would be custom made for Beyonce. I still have the email as my screen saver. Little did I know, a blessing so grand would come so soon. I am looking forward to seeing how Cocoon Umbrella was utilized in Beyonce's concept.
Another experience was when NBC, Good Morning American, and The Today Show featured my former clients work at Rockefeller Center. Right where the Christmas tree would of been seen we took the spotlight. We paraded out of our mobile refrigerator, a Horse and Jockey made of 25,000 red roses for the a 2019 Kentucky Derby special.
Mr. Flower Fantastic at Michael Jordan’s Birthday Party. He is holding MJ's favorite sneaker the Jordan Elevens. In the background is a Jordan One Sneaker, made of real hydrangeas. We made this in a refrigerator . What a time!
NEW PROJECT DURING PANDEMIC ! An opportunity to change direction and built specialization in eLearning Industry.
UDEMY AND CAMTASIA E-LEARNING INSTRUCTION, TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND EDITS.
Consulted with instructor, author, Kathryn Troutman on the development of her first Udemy lectures and courses. Provided technical assistance, instruction and submission support for Udemy lectures. Edited lectures in Camtasia, improved sound quality and added visual effects to the lectures. Created Resume & CV Writing curriculum for resume writers who are learning virtually how to CHANGE THEIR CAREERS because of the dramatic change in job opportunities and massive layoffs during the March, 2020 Pandemic.
NEW KEYWORDS TO ADD TO LLOYD’S RESUME FOR ADDITIONAL EMPHASIS ON EDUCATION, VISUAL LEARNING TECHNOLOGY
Virtual Classroom Design
Designing Tool Kits and Simulations
- Quick Win! Look for Three Job Listings That Interest You!00:23
Learn the QUICK method to look at multiple job announcements .. find the keywords ... YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS ! look for the matches and add a few new words to your resume for each position. It works. You have to do this for Artificial Intelligence, but also for the human resources reviewer. I will review 3 interesting job listings and find the KEYWORDS in each. I attached the files also.
- You Must Persevere in Your Job Search00:40
Kathryn reviews her recommended method to manage your job search and to PERSEVERE! FIRST, she recommends that you apply to 10 positions in the first week. Keep track of those positions. WAIT 5 days. To see what happens. If you do not get emails or responses, then CHANGE the resume. Change a few areas of the resume - such as the SKILLS / INTRO section. Or change the way you write up your Work History. Kathryn suggests 3 ways to format and present your Work Experience. SEE the attached document for the changes. AFTER 5 days and waiting for results. Change the resume and apply to 10 more jobs. By the time you submit 30 resumes, you should have results - emails, interviews, responses. Follow this method to be persevering and basically manage this as a PROJECT! Your goal is to get interviewed and hired !
- Be Persevering and CHANGE Your Resume03:46
Kathryn’s technique about persevering is REAL. Kathryn has been coaching people with their job search for 30 years. Many people get discouraged and just STOP looking. And they don’t get promoted, hired and this is NOT GOOD.
Kathryn’s biggest top tips are in this lecture.
Apply for 10 jobs … then wait for 5 days for responses … then if you aren’t getting responses … CHANGE YOUR RESUME.
See samples of resume design / format changes in this lecture! You don’t have to totally rewrite your resume, just change it, so that it is easier to read and GRABS the attention of the human resources recruiter and hiring manager.
- Quick Win! Job Hunting like You Are as Powerful as a Google Algorithm00:27
The Google AI will find your resume, if the resume matches the keywords that the HR Specialists will be determined for the course. This is a critical class so you can go for a walk and be confident that you resume matches your target next career.
- Intro to USAJOBS01:04
Kathryn Troutman, Author, Federal Resume Guidebook has created a series of USJAOBS announcements and analyzed WHAT'S IMPORTANT for your FEDERAL RESUME. Consider a federal job!
I searched USAJOBS for the word SPACE. 479 jobs came up. I selected the Astronomer job and found the keywords that you would match in your resume to try to get Best Qualified for the position.
- Program Analyst06:30
Searching for PROGRAM ANALYST. There are many positions in the US government with this job title. This job involves ANALYZING PROGRAMS, QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS, RECOMMENDING IMPROVEMENTS FOR PROGRAMS, ADVISING MANAGERS. Would you qualify for this job?
- Cyber Operations Plans AF Ft Meade MD04:49
I did a search for the word CYBER in USAJOBS and 168 jobs came up! You can look at location and salary. The government has many CYBER positions. This lecture will show you how to read the job announcement and find the qualifications for the job to add to your resume.
- Public affairs05:47
- Supply Specialist04:02
This job is SUPPLY SPECIALIST WITH FEMA. I just searched USAJOBS.gov for SUPPLY. And the jobs came up. The skills are: tracking supplies on mobile devices, maintain supplies information in databases. SKILLS required: Coordinate with peers; team leader; inventory tracking; record-keeping and documentation.
- AST Cyber Operations04:15
SEARCH FOR NASA. AST Mission Operations position. NASA is hiring. Qualifications to fill the flight activities planning responsibilities. If you are hired ... Certified Flight Operations Specialist. Requirements: Experience with commercial crew or exploration program.... space flight operations... research and analyze and interpret information. experience with human space flight.
- Udemy USAJOBS Setting Up Profile and Starting Builder05:05
USAJOBS Profile, Hiring Paths,and Resume Builder - Beginning Instructions
Kathryn uses her own USAJOBS Profile to demonstrate the methods to build your USJAOBS account to begin your USAJOBs applications.
You will learn:
HOW TO SET UP YOUR USAJOBS PROFILE:
· Answer the Profile questions
· Check off your Hiring Authorities
· Build your resume into the PROFILE – yes, your resume will go in the PROFILE and also in the DOCUMENTS section (two times).
· The Profile Resume can be shorter than the BUILDER resume.
· Add Education, Languages, Organizations, References.
· Setting up the Profile will take one hour.
DOCUMENT SECTION - BUILDING YOUR USAJOBS BUILDER RESUME:
· See a demonstration of a Builder “Job “ Work History section
· Add the job title, employer, dates
· Add the Duties – follow Kathryn’s format with ALL CAP KEYWORDS in the job description.
· The ALL CAP KEYWORDS are THE keywords you will find in the USAJOBS announcement.
· You will see several job block examples from Kathryn’s resume to inspire you to build your resume.
· Setting up your USAJOBS Builder resume will take 1 to 2 hours.
- Matching Health Education Specialist Keywords to USAJOBS Builder Resume04:26
Matching Health Education Specialist Qualifications to an Current Job Block in USAJOBS
Kathryn goes to her USAJOBS account and opens an existing Work History experience from a US Army job as Instructional Design Specialist. She demonstrates how to translate Army instructional design job duties into Health Education Specialist. It’s ALMOST a match, not quite ! Check out this story.
What you will learn:
How to translate your work history from one field of work to another
Learn how to find the keywords to match a new position – Just takes 15 minutes!
Instructional Design Specialist to Health Education Specialist
· Learn how to read a USAJOBS announcement to find the specific Qualifications for your resume.
· She goes live to the job announcement and demonstrates specifically, the keywords.
· OOPS, SHE FINDS THAT THIS PERSON CANNOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB. The qualifications are very specific for HEALTH EDUCATION. PLUS the position is only open to current CDC employees.
· Oh, well, she keeps on with find the right keywords.
· Kathryn continues the live demonstration with her USAJOBS resume builder to change out the keywords.
· Learn how to determine if a specific government job will work for your experience.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED – What’s important? The competencies are GREAT in this job announcement! These words CAN be match to the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics):
Collaboration / Partnering
Curriculum and Course Development
Education and Training
Evaluation and Assessment
Program Support and Strategic Planning
Project Management (2)
Public Health Knowledge
Technical Training and Advising
- Building a Resume in the USAJOBS Resume Builder04:02
Building Your Resume in USAJOBS
USAJOBS Resume Builder basics with expert and author, Kathryn Troutman. The Resume Builder is very handy to begin writing your resume for federal positions. See a complete review of setting up your USAJOBS Profile! It is critical to utilize the builder to make sure the resume is compliant for the federal human resources processes. Each “job block” is critical for presenting your qualifications. See a full demonstration of building a “job block” in the builder and making it readable. Learn how to make the resume readable with ALL CAP KEYWORDS.
Sample Partial “Job block” in USAJOBS:
TRADOC CP 32
111 Frasier Lane
Fort Eustis, VA 23604 United States
01/2018 - Present
Hours per week: 40
Series: 1750 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 12
CAREER PROGRAM MANAGER / INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN SPECIALIST
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
COORDINATE AND NEGOTIATE WITH FLAG/GENERAL OFFICERS
Represent the QMS as the SME on visits to Army support of both Army and Joint Level Commands. Review training policies and regulations from higher echelon. Assure new or changed operating policies.
RECOMMEND TRAINING CONCEPTS AND PLANS WITH SENIOR LEADERS FOR TRAINING
Develop MOS changes, additional skill identifier, and career management field reviews/ modifications to support emerging systems. Recommend new training procedures in designing courseware and special materials.
IMPLEMENT TRAINING PROGRAMS AND IMPROVE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF PROGRAMS
Oversee Petroleum Warrant Officers Courses and NCO functional sources including Total Army Training School Courseware.
OVERSEE TRAINING PROGRAMS
As the Chief, Petroleum Training Division and Course Manager for the Petroleum and Water Officers Course.
DEVELOP TOPICS AND PERSPECTIVES WITH SENIOR LEADERS FOR TRAINING
Develop MOS changes, additional skill identifier, and career management field reviews/ modifications to support emerging systems. Recommend new training procedures in designing courseware and special materials.
- Housekeeping Aide Application from Resume Keyword matching through submission12:56
The US Government has a long application... unfortunately. This position for a Housekeeping Aide is fascinating.
If you scroll up to 6 minutes, you can see the Job Related Questionnaire for this position. It is incredibly detailed. I am sure they will hire a VERY proficient cleaner with this questionnaire and the qualifications required.
I created this video to show you STEP BY STEP, how to find a job announcement ... analyze the requirements ... update the resume to match ... apply for the job with the new resume with new keywords ... answer the questionnaire ... and SUBMIT. Step by Step.
This is what it takes to apply for US government positions. The questionnaire is slightly long - 21 questions. BUT.. persevere and you could land a very steady position -- with potential for promotion.
- HR Specialist Application from announcement review to submission in USAJOBS13:21
This is a new position posted to support the COVID-19 positions.
This lecture goes through finding the job announcement... looking at the qualifications ... determining which resume will match the best ... applying for the position ... answering the REALLY SIMPLE questionnaire and SUBMITTING.
This is good to review if you are seeking a US Government position.
- USAJOBS COVID 19 Jobs05:47
Press Release – Troutman’s COVID-19 Federal Jobs Course on Udemy.com
Contact: Kathryn Troutman, President, Resume Place, Inc.
443 591 0340
Feds Are Hiring! New Course Highlights Non-Medical COVID-19 Jobs
At a time of record-setting unemployment, few sectors in the US are hiring. But the federal government is in critical need of many new employees to help support their efforts to address the Coronavirus pandemic. Fed Jobs Guru Kathryn Troutman provides an orientation to 12 openings in her new Udemy.com course COVID-19 Federal Jobs.
Baltimore, MD; April 21, 2020. In addressing the Coronavirus crisis, the federal government needs to hire across America. Top Federal Jobs Expert Kathryn Troutman has created a new course COVID-19 Federal Jobs which turns the spotlight on 12 critical mostly non-medical openings. The course has just been posted on Udemy.com, along with three others from Troutman -- including a class on how to write the specific type of resume that the feds require.
“Landing one of these jobs is a great way to do something about the crisis while also getting your foot in the door for a federal career,” notes Troutman. “These are temporary positions, most lasting one year, and they are open to the general public. Once you have that experience under your belt, you can apply for other fed jobs as an insider. Many more government jobs are available to current federal employees.”
While the positions posted in the USAJobs COVID-19 section are temporary, Troutman expects most will be extended. Also many can be worked from home. One of the positions covered in her course is Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support) for the Department of Veteran Affairs, and there are 247 locations in the US where they are hiring. The job will support an expansion of telehealth efforts at hospitals. Another is Loan Specialist for the Small Business Administration, which is a full-time telework position. These employees will manage the many SBA loans going out to small businesses. Other jobs in her course span logistics, health data assessment, housekeeping, emergency management, public health, food workers and more. Respiratory Therapist is the one medical job included in her course, and many of the COVID-19 federal positions are health-related.
READ THE REST OF THE PRESS RELEASE ATTACHED.
- USAJOBS COVID 19 CARES ACT Econonomic DEvelopment Positions05:06
April 24, 2020
Kathryn describes the COVID-19 jobs that are coming up from Dept. of Commerce, Economic Development Administration - CARES ACT Recovery Assistance. Many positions.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION
CARES ACT RECOVERY ASSISTANCE
April 17, 2020
The Economic Development Administration (EDA) has identified more than 70 positions, see below, that will be crucial to building the capacity needed to help administer our Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) funding as quickly, effectively, and efficiently as possible, and in a manner that meets the needs of our communities across the nation.
Be on the lookout for openings on EDA.GOV/careers, our digital media platforms, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and USAJobs.gov.
In addition, interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumes and CVs to EDAcareer@eda.gov. Please indicate position interest and location.
READ THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR TITLES AND LOCATIONS OF THESE POSITIONS.
- USAJOBS COVID 19 Logistics Management Spec Strategic National Stockpile (SNS)06:39
Logistics Management Specialist DHS, Centers for Disease Control – Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) Assets Many Vacancies, 24 Locations
Logistics Management Specialist, GS 11 to 13 Salary range of $64K to $144K. Appointment is term – 13 moths; full-time. Multiple vacancies in 24 locations. This job involves the logistics management functions to transport the STRATEGIC NATIONAL STOCKPILE (SNS) to support state and local public health agencies in the event of biological/chemical incident, natural disaster, or another emergency.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: For the GS 9 performing a variety of duties that support the procurement, storage, sustainment, inventory accounting, maintenance and transport of stockpile assets to be used in emergency situations.
COMPETENCIES: Forecasting and Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics, Warehouse Management Systems
- USAJOBS COVID 19 Loan Specialist (Commercial) - Virtual05:13
Loan Specialist (Commercial) – Virtual – Many Vacancies – Many locations in the US
Loan Specialist (Commercial) – Virtual. The SBA, Office of Capital Access is hiring. This is a temporary position – 1 year. This could be fascinating supporting the SBA Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act. Salary is GS 12, $76here is also some locality pay that can be added, depending on where you will be working. You will work out of the Commercial Loan Service Centers or National Guarantee Purchase Center, which is responsible for performing servicing, purchase, or liquidation activities. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB ARE: GS-12: One year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: liquidate collateral and assets for all types of loans; and provide financial counseling and guidance to customers related to loan payments; and recommend various liquidation actions; and analyze financial statements; and review and recommend action as appropriate on participant lender's loan compromise. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564713200
- USAJOBS COVID 19 IT Specialist Customer Support05:45
Information Technology Specialist (CUSTSPT)- Many vacancies in 247 locations in the US - Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology
This position supports 24/7 operations and my involve overtime and rotating shifts. Announcement closes 12/31/2020, but they will be reviewing resumes everyday until that date. Primary duties are in the Point of Care Customer Service Division working with CUSTOMERS and multi-vendor Its and multi-user computer systems.
Four important competencies to cover in the resume: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, Problem Solving. Pus specialized experience. Read more: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565664500
- USAJOBS COVID 19 HR Specialist03:30
Human Resources Specialist – 11 vacancies in New York VA Hospitals
Human Resource Specialist, Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, 11 vacancies negotiable after selection. Telework could be eligible. GS 12 position, starting salary can range from $76K to $99K. The salary will be adjusted to reflect extra locality pay after the location is selected and placed. This is a temporary position, not to exceed 1 year, but it is great to get started with the government
This is Direct Hire, so they are hiring quickly. IMPORTANT SKILLS TO ADD: Knowledge of human resources automated staffing, recruitment and placement actions. A degree is not required. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/565283000
- USAJOBS COVID 19 Health Scientist (Infomatics) (Direct Hire)03:34
Health Scientist (Informatics) (Direct Hire) DHS, CDC – Many vacancies, 24 locations
Health Scientist (Informatics) (Direct Hire) DHS, CDC, GS 11-14, Salary: $64K to $170K; Permanent positions, full-time; Relocation MIGHT be paid; Telework Eligible! Direct Hire – FAST Hiring. For the GS 12, the resume must show: Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience to provide expertise as a scientist in the broad practice of public health informatics, planning, or reviewing services on specific problems, projects, or programs, and operating conditions directly affecting populations. CRITICAL KSAs: Data Analysis and Interpretation, Data Collection, Needs Assessment (2), Research (2) Read More: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564406600#
- USAJOBS COVID 19 Emergency Management Specialist GS 9 to 1305:10
Emergency Management Specialist – 27 locations in the US
Emergency Management Specialist, Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Many vacancies in 27 locations throughout the U.S. GS 9 to 13; $52 to $144K Per year. Full-time, one year, temporary. But these jobs can be extended. Kathryn Reviews the qualifications for all the 4 grade levels.
Core competencies are: Environmental Mindfulness, Emergency Management Frameworks, Emergency Management Functions – and more. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564138600
- COVID 19 Housekeeping Aide WG 1 to 209:31
Housekeeping Aid – 100 Vacancies in 11 locations in New York
USAJOBS Housekeeping Aid – 100 vacancies in 11 locations in New York, New York, WG 1 and WG 2, Salary $13 to $21 per hour, closes 4/29/2020.
Kathryn reviews the qualifications required for the position. Goes in- depth to review the Job-Related Questionnaire. Complex questions. Give yourself all the credit you can Listen to this 9-minute lecture. VERY important for the success of your application.
MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME SHOWS THIS EXPERIENCE AND ABILITY: PHYSICAL EFFORT: Employee must be able to handle weights of up to 20 -50 pounds in dealing with heavy trash and linen, as well as products such as stripper/finish etc. that comes in large, heavy containers.
Employee must push, pull, load and unload carts; bend, stoop, twist and tum with moderate effort; climb ladders to change cubical curtains, clean out light fixtures, and clean windows, etc.; and must be able to fit and kneel in small spaces to clean, i.e. restroom stalls and other tight areas. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564149700
- COVID 19 Public Health Advisor04:54
Public Health Advisor (Direct Hire) – CDC 27 Locations in the US
Public Health Advisor (Direct Hire), HHS, Center for Disease Control and Prevention – Many vacancies in 27 locations throughout the U.S. GS 9 to 12 position; $52 to $121K starting – depending on the experience.
Open to the public. Relocation MIGHT be authorized. Kathryn reviews the qualifications for all 3 of the grade levels. You must match your resume to the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities described in the job announcement. And add these critical skills: Program Planning and Development, Public Health Info Dissemination, and Public Health Knowledge. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/564073200
- COVID 19 FOOD SERVICE WORKER NAF02:18
Food Service Worker – Few Vacancies I Ft. Hamilton, NY and NYC Areas of Consideration
Food Service Worker – VA, Veterans Health Administration, NA-1, Starting salary: $15 to $18 per hour. The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Citizens and Non-Citizens within Fort Hamilton's local commuting area defined as Kings, Queens, New York, Richmond, Bronx, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Essex, Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Monmouth, Fairfield counties.
ADD THESE QUALIFICATIONS TO YOUR RESUME: Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and do simple tasks that are easy to learn (such as cleaning tables, setting up food in lines, setting up steam tables, setting up dining room tables, make cold sandwiches, operate a dishwasher, clean cooking utensils, etc. Can lift, carry, push and pull items up to 20 pounds. Can stand and walk on a continuous basis. Have the physical ability to stoop, reach, push, pull, and bend.) https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558562400
- MA State Contact Tracer Job Listing 2 21 202004:34
There’s a new job in America – The Contact Tracer Job. Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School has written the first study and analysis of the Army of Contact Tracers that will be needed to track individuals who are diagnosed with COVID-19 and all of their contacts within a certain amount of time.
The report is excellent and is attached here. The State of Massachusetts rolled out to hire 1,000 Contact Tracer jobs collaborating with a non-profit organization, Partners in Health. TalentBoost is the recruitment system. The advertisement for the Contact Tracer job is posted on their recruitment page. Check out the qualifications for this position:
Partners In Health, is seeking Contact Tracers to support Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to perform COVID-19 contact tracing.
Partners In Health (PIH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing staff across Massachusetts.
Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
High school diploma, or equivalent required
Excellent organizational and communication skills
Ability to speak, read, and write English
Second or multiple languages a plus
Critical thinking and sound judgment required
Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
Proficiency with computers
Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
Massachusetts Resident preferred and familiarity with Massachusetts’ geography; cities/towns/locations required
- Building Contact Tracer Resume07:24
Career Changer – Resume Building for Airline Sky Lounge Customer Services applies for Contact Tracer position. The State of Massachusetts has developed the first recruitment advertisement for Contact Tracer position. Kathryn reviews the qualifications of the Contact Tracer position. Watch Kathryn update and add keywords into the airline resume “job block”. She converts the flight customer services into Data, Interview and Critical thinking skills. PLUS computer skills. THIS RESUME MATCHES!
SERVICE DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
COMPUTER SKILLS: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred. Use Timatic database system to support security screening.
CUSTOMER SERVICES / CRITICAL THINKING DEALING WITH THE PUBLIC: Critical thinking and sound judgment required. Diffused tense situations as Lost and Found Baggage Service Director and amid the heightened security after 9-11. Received a Leadership Award for professional and diplomatic handling of a particularly sensitive security issue with an international traveler.
See more in the document attached!
- Eleanor - Career Change - Retail Auto Loan Officer to Contact Tracer07:18
Eleanor was furloughed for lack of auto loan business. When she saw the Contact Tracer position she realized she had the skills to do this work in San Diego, CA. Her job involved many of the same skills: computers, communications, working in stressful situations, having empathy with the applicants (helping them with their documents), following processes. It's amazing that a Loan Processor has the skills to perform Contact Tracer job responsibilities:
Procure and process an average of 25 to 30 automobile loans monthly for a diverse client base for financing division of international lending institution. Utilize a professional and positive attitude to guide clients through all stages of the lending process and provide efficient and effective lending solutions. Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ADVISOR: Manage 50 or more inbound and outbound call traffic per day. Communicate and consult with customers on auto financing terms, conveying features and benefits through inbound and outbound phone calls. Make recommendations for most suitable products to meet customer’s financing goals and credit status. Interview customers to identify lending needs, determine eligibility, and provide financial counseling where appropriate.
LOAN OFFICER: Procure and close on 25 to 30 auto loans monthly. Structure auto financing deal terms (rate, term, amount financed) based on customer need while adhering to internal credit policy standards and Fair Lending Act regulations. Maintain all company underwriting standard, compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company and regulatory standards, policies, and practices. Ensure privacy of documents and information.
EXCELLENT ORGANIZATIONAL AND COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS. Close an average of 25-30 auto loans each month. I was awarded 100% call quality for the month of October 20xx and received bonuses 10 out of 12 months for call and deal application quality and performance.
MEET WITH APPLICANTS UNDER STRESSFUL CONDITIONS: Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to consult with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress when purchasing a car and applying for the loan with specific documents.
EXAMPLE CUSTOMER SERVICES WITH DISTRESSED CUSTOMER: An angry co-borrower was a banking industry professional and was extremely emotional about having her application denied. I showed empathy and actively listened and asked the co-borrower if I could research what happened while she was on the phone. She agreed. I reviewed her application and found that while her credit was excellent, she had been a self-employed 1099 contractor for less than two years. Our guidelines for that type of loan mandated at least two years of continuous employment. The client calmed down after hearing the explanation. We were able to find another type of loan which she did qualify for, and which suited her needs.
- John Career Change Realty to Contact Tracer07:55
Listen to Kathryn - Resume Consultant - about John's Career Change from Realty Specialist to Contact Tracer
What you will learn from this Lecture:
· How to change the duties and keywords from Realty Property to Contact Tracer
· Look at the description in Realty and the translation to Contact Tracer.
The Contact Tracer position requires these skills:
· EMPATHY WITH CLIENTS WHO ARE UNDER DISTRESS (critical skill)
· DATABASE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
· INTERVIEW AND TACKING SKILLS
· INTERPRETING AND FOLLOWING LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS IS THE NEW DESCRIPTION OF THE Realty person who is seeking CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE
Home Buyer Realty Services
1000 Hampton Lane
Westminster, MD 21157 United States
01/2017 - 04/2020
Salary: 45,000.00 USD Per Year
Hours per week: 40
Customer Service Specialist, Real Property Services
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
OWNER REALTY TAX CUSTOMER CARE AND OUTREACH SERVICES: Demonstrate to a professional, positive attitude and work ethic to contact customers whose are more complex. This may include matters relating to individual taxpayers as well as tax practitioners and various agents, e.g., tax preparers, attorneys, property managers, or any representatives from professional associations and employees of other government agencies. Establish initial telephone contact of all incoming telephone calls within 2 minutes. ANALYZE, DETERMINE, AND RESOLVE tax processing problems and respond to taxpayer inquires ranging from tax delinquency to providing general information related to the preparation of tax returns.
CUSTOMER PROBLEM-SOLVING: Excellent interpersonal skills. Work wit a culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress with real estate document concerns and closings. Recognized for diligence and efficiency in resolving technical problems. Expertly use operational knowledge and carefully manage communication with customers who are often frustrated.
COMPUTER SKILLS: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. Utilize Headset.
REALTY TAX PROCESSING SERVICES: Interpret regulations and policies for taxpayers. Use technical knowledge and best judgment in interpreting and applying state, local, and federal regulations and guidelines. For homeowners, assess problems as they arise and identify resolution approaches and resolve accordingly. Gather and organize information for inquires, or resolve problems referred by others.
EVALUATE INCOMPLETE FILES: Excellent organizational and communication skills. Critical thinking and sound judgment required to analyze for shortfalls and reconstruct based on accumulated data and knowledge of file information. For the City Tax Department, recommend tax liens and/or notice of levy actions against taxpayers, and initiate other actions to resolve and adjust taxpayers’ accounts
IMPR.OVE PROCESSING PROCEDURES: Based on analysis of results of applying guidelines, recommend changes. These changes may include suggesting specific changes to the guidelines themselves, the development of control mechanisms, additional training for employees, or specific guidance related to the procedural handling of documents and information.
DEVISE MORE EFFICIENT METHODS: Focus on customer-oriented practices that reduce taxpayer volume, enhance program performance, increase productivity, and improve the organization’s overall effectiveness. Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
ADMINISTER CORRESPONDENCE: Close all correspondence, including triage responsibilities, business tax registrations, offset, stop payment, undelivered checks, and transmittals assigned to manager’s unit within 30 days. Use CTS software. Submit the weekly productivity report to management.
- You Can Gain Work as a Government Contractor00:33
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING -- Come back in one week for Kathryn's step-by-step BASIC beginner lessons about becoming a Government Contractor.
- Master the Art of The Cover Letter that Arouses Curiosity00:33
Kathryn Troutman has a Cover Letter Builder on her website. Review Part 1 and Part 2 documents and videos.
What you will learn:
This is a two-step process. ((well, maybe 4 steps).
This is a live and fast demonstration on how to create a competitive, excellent cover letter to match a target job announcement. Find the sections to feature in your letter.
Type it in the builder.
Copy it out of the builder. Proofread and spellcheck and edit.
And you have a cover letter in maybe ten minutes.
This builder is great.
See the final cover letter in the document attached. You cannot miss this demonstration of writing a live cover letter. THE FINAL LETTER IS ATTACHED !!! It's beautiful!
- Art of the Cover Letter Part 106:46
This Cover Letter Course is TWO PARTS - Be sure to stay for Part Two. The instructor, Kathryn, found a fascinating job announcement from Tokyo, Japan for a Computer Programmer / Educator position. The job describes the skills required to be a programmer / educator for teachers of elementary and secondary schools! WOW, what a job. Kathryn writes a cover letter for this position. Check out the conversion of keywords from the job announcement to the cover letter! Kathryn uses her own Cover Letter Builder to compose a succinct cover letter!
Part 1 - analyzing the recruitment ad for the keywords and drafting the letter in a Cover Letter Builder
Part 2 - the final cover letter - proofread and formatted!
- Art of Cover Letter Part 2 the Letter02:20
- LinkedIn is HUGE01:04
Kathryn Troutman talks about 3 lessons / purposes for LinkedIn.
What you will learn:
How to develop targeted, complete content.
Use LinkedIn to search for positions, companies, contacts.
Research your own interests on LinkedIn - groups, people that you want to follow.
LinkedIn is MANDATORY in this job market. You must spend time with your LinkedIn account, content, connections and even references. Use this important recruiting tool to get recruited, network and expand your professional career and visibility.
- The Power Way to Network On LinkedIn00:24
- LinkedIn is HUGE Content Part 104:00
It's time to TAKE TIME for your LinkedIn Profile, Resume, Content, Certification, Skills and Accomplishments. RECRUITERS are studying LinkedIn backgrounds to find candidates. Make sure your resume matches a target position, Not just a "down the middle" presentation of everything (or a few things) you have done. Add photos, logos, and be ACTIVE with your connections.
- Use LinkedIn For Research, Not Just for Pitching00:16
- Quick Wins Stand Out With a Video Thank You Note00:40
- You Can Accomplish Your Primary Goal - Getting the Job Offer00:55
- Here Is Why You Are The Absolute Best Person for This Job01:12
- This Is How You Will Stand Out01:43
- Here Is What Is Special About You00:52
- Deliver a Career Catapulting Presentation01:58
- Your Resume Has Done Its Job, Now It Is Your Turn02:20
- This Is The Perfect Time To Be Politically Correct02:03
- Please Tell Me About Yourself01:38
- You Can Convince The Interviewer You Are The Best Person for the Job01:13
- Convince the Interviewer You Are a Self-Learner02:05
- The Consulting Freelancing Backdoor Into Your Dream Job01:15
- The REAL Reason Job Interviews Take Place02:45
- Make The Interview a Two Way Street02:01
- Interviewing Skills With a Positive Mental State03:07
- Create Your Winning Message04:47
- The 60 Second Winning Interview01:41
- Let’s Get to Work01:37
- The Secrets Are At Your Fingertips03:11
- Plan Your Logistics The Right Way01:15
- Linkedin Opposition Research01:06
- The Basic Facts Are Not Enough01:20
- This is How People are Interviewed In Your Industry00:48
- Finding the Inside Track00:59
- The Perfect Time for Your Job Interview00:41
- This Won’t Work In Every Situation, But...00:29
- Create Value for the Interviewer Right Away03:34
- Give An Actual Presentation02:41
- What You Saying Before You Say Anything00:40
- Dress for Success and The Job Offer03:00
- Jewelry To Enhance Not Detract02:00
- Gender Clothing Issues01:57
- Makeup is Not a Made Up Issue01:56
- Walking Into the Interview With Grace09:31
- Have The Look01:30
- Winning The Voice Competition02:44
- Mirror Mirror On the Wall and In the Chair01:39
- No, You Can’t Bring a Fidget Spinner00:58
- The Picture of Success00:50
- Nervousness Can Melt Away00:47
- The Real Reason You are Nervous About Your Interviewing Skills01:27
- Horrible Practices To Avoid At All Costs01:24
- Just Say No01:41
- Never Let them see Or Feel You Sweat00:42
- Exhale Your Worries Away00:49
- Exercise Your Stress Away00:42
- Enough With Poor Little Me01:48
- Pitching Yourself On a Regular Basis Where the Stakes are Low01:13
- The Ultimate Success Tip for Great Job Interviewing Skills02:30
- Winging It Is Always a Bad Idea02:39
- The Checklist for Critiquing Your Interview Skills01:39
- The Perfect Interviewing Skills Partner for You Is...00:37
- Practice On Video This Way01:15
- The Magic Practice Number is 1001:06
- Now It Is Your Turn01:02
- Last Minute Tips Before You Start the Interview00:19
- Don’t Get There On time, Get There Early03:46
- Lose Your Phone01:49
- Hands Free and Clutter Free01:17
- The Last Minute Pit Stop00:59
- Your Winning Bag of Tricks00:54
- Cracked Lips No More01:52
- Never Let Your Stomach Betray You01:12
- The 30 Minute Drill02:45
- Great Way to Not Look Like a Horse or a Cow01:38
- Serenity Now!00:58
- Things To Do In Your Interview00:41
- The Interview Starts Right Now01:01
- You Are Not Being Called Into the Principal’s Office03:09
- Someone Might Be More Nervous Than You00:54
- Name and Title Please01:13
- Now We Can Dive Right In02:00
- Here Is How to Talk Like a Human Being01:54
- Clean Laundry Here03:17
- If You Are Winning the Debate, You’ve Lost the Debate01:10
- Show You Are a Real Person02:31
- Be Cool!01:50
- Treat Your Interviewer the Way You Want to Be Treated01:31
- Abort the Mission If You Need To01:41
- The Slick Way To Not Look Too Slick01:06
- Keep Focused On the Primary Objective02:24
- Not An Exact Fit Here, But...02:36
- Your Style, Not the Interviewer’s Style00:56
- Confidence Yes, Arrogance No01:12
- The Interviewer Must Always Feel In Control of the Show01:15
- Answering Questions With Just The Right Amount of Confidence00:48
- Bigger and More Important Than You01:00
- Don’t Lie! It’s Wrong and You Could Get Caught01:01
- It’s Not a Comedy Show, But It Is a Show01:19
- Not an Enemy, But Not a Friend01:22
- Show Strength Through Flexibility01:12
- Prove You Are a Team Player00:49
- Communicating With Others Is Your Strength00:58
- The World Can Be Your Oyster01:22
- Be Fun, But Be Serious01:20
- Forget The Canned Answers01:20
- The Technology Overlay To Your Professional Life01:55
- The Real Question Inside Every Question00:26
- This Isn’t the Classroom01:34
- And...Why Is This Relevant To Me Hiring You02:26
- No Stupid Questions But There Are Stupid Answers01:18
- More Question Strategies01:16
- Your Goal Is to Communicate, Not Necessarily To Be Concise03:23
- Here Is Why You Should Hire Me01:15
- Pushing All The Right Buttons In Your Answers01:03
- Answer Questions In a Likeable Way01:42
- Working the Upbeat Angle01:36
- Be G-Rated Authentic02:10
- All Time Stops When You Are In an Interview01:12
- Thinking Is OK In An Interview01:33
- Abstraction Is Your Enemy In Job Interviews01:07
- Planting Positive Seeds In the Mind of the Interviewer00:51
- The Interviewer Wants You To Succeed01:15
- Figure Out a Way To Show You Love Technology03:36
- This Is Not the Time To Be Modest01:13
- Tests Are Easy When You Know The Questions In Advance01:36
- Why Did You Leave Your Last Job00:35
- What Was The Best Job You Ever Had00:47
- What Was Your Least Favorite Job Ever01:10
- What Are You Looking for In Your Ideal Job00:58
- Where Do You See Yourself in 10 Years01:07
- When Did You Work With a Difficult Colleague00:34
- What Kind of Team Projects Have You Worked On01:33
- Why Should We Hire You Practice Your Interview Skills Now00:57
- Here Is Why You Should Take Notes During a Job Interview00:41
- You Don’t Need High Tech for Note Taking01:16
- More reasons To Take Notes During a Job Interview02:00
- Why The Interviewer Needs To See You Taking Notes00:47
- Good Note Taking Can Reduce Your Stress During the Interview01:31
- No, You Can’t Use a Laptop During a Job Interview00:19
- Look At the Interviewer, Not Your Notes00:34
- Using Your Notes To Your Advantage01:35
- Review Your Notes on Notes00:51
- Preparing Your Questions Strategically00:50
- Questions To Increase Your Odds02:04
- Don’t Go Overboard, You Aren’t The Investigative Journalist00:44
- Your Tight List of Planned Questions00:58
- Your Questions Will Show You’ve Done Homework01:02
- The Right Questions Will Demonstrate Your Abilities00:43
- This Won’t Help You01:27
- The Real Mistake To Worry About00:57
- At This Stage, Resumes Are Boring00:31
- No, It’s Not Safe To Talk Religion Or Politics In a Job Interview01:25
- Never Put Yourself Down, Other People Are Willing To Do That01:06
- You Don’t Get Frustrated01:05
- G-Rated Language the Whole Time00:50
- Never Ask How Soon Until The Next Promotion00:41
- Be Careful About Leveraging Insider Contacts01:03
- Avoid Cliches Like the Plague Interviewing Skills00:34
- Don’t Get Too Cocky00:25
- You Don’t Care How Old or Young Your Boss Is02:08
- No Invitations Yet01:04
- Your Interviewer Is Not Your Career Coach00:50
- Don’t Ask for Gossip Or Dirt01:02
- Don’t Repeat Your Questions00:35
- Don’t Lie About Previous Salary01:39
- Don’t Ask About Work Hours Because You Love To Work All the Time02:04
- You Aren’t Personal Friends Yet00:26
- Don’t Ask If You Can Work from Home01:15
- Hold Off On the Special Circumstances for Now01:02
- Your Focus Still Needs to Be On What You DO Want to Say, Not What You Don’t Wan00:30
- The Last BIG Positive Impression00:55
- Get the Interviewer’s Business Card00:28
- And In Summary00:44
- Establish a Follow Up Plan01:56
- Be a Gracious Guest01:10
- Every Touch Point With the Interviewer Must Be Professional00:30
- Have a Voicemail That Isn’t Full02:42
- Your Voicemail Needs to Say Who You Are01:40
- Hand the Interviewer Your Business Card01:43
- Have a Simple Email Address02:42
- Create The Image You Want for Your Next 2 Jobs02:34
- Reminders You Were There00:48
- Get Your Portfolio Ready01:12
- Professional Certifications Are Available Here01:21
- Writing Samples and Other Goodies03:08
- References So You Won’t Have To Take My Word for Things00:29
- References The Right Way02:08
- Make It Easy To Get Ahold Of Your References00:36
- Great Communication With Your References00:18
- Reference Timing02:23
- Resumes Are Not All the Same00:51
- Update Your Resume Every 30 Days01:25
- Filling The Resume Gap02:12
- Your Social Media Reputation00:39
- Your Google Reputation03:03
- The Right Way and The Wrong Way to Approach People on Social Media05:09
- Quality Beats Quantity Every Time01:53
- Social Media Is For Everyone These Days01:32
- The Gold Standard - The Handwritten Thank You Note02:29
- The Right Way to Send an Email Thank You Note01:17
- Email Versus Text Thank You Notes00:55
- Power Thank You Notes Based On Your Interview Notes03:10
- Remain Calm, Things Might Turn Your Way02:11
- Follow Up and Deliver Anything Else You Delivered During the Interview01:12
- The Follow Up Dance02:06
- Keep Your Recruiter In the Loop01:19
- Don’t Panic During a Stall01:26
- Nip It In the Bud03:05
- Tread Lightly Here02:27
- Making the Case You Aren’t a Flake02:01
- Don’t Bring Up Negative News Coverage01:09
- Don’t Let Negative Reactions To Negative News Sink You02:31
- Calming Your Interviewer Down01:26
- Don’t Interrupt!01:25
- Get a Clue!00:43
- Not Too Brash and Not Too Meek01:08
- A Gap Too Big To Ignore01:48
- If Somebody Else Fired You...01:41
- Here Is Why You Are NOT a Flaky Person01:00
- The Next Best Thing To Being There00:29
- Phone Interviews Are Still Serious Job Interviews01:14
- Never Use a Speakerphone!01:27
- The Spontaneous Phone Interview Request01:53
- A Controlled Environment for Your Video Interviews00:46
- The Standing Phone Interview01:09
- The Live Online Video Interview for You02:02
- You Simple, Low-Cost Skype Interview Studio04:38
- Makeup for Skype Video Interviews00:49
- A Controlled Environment for Your Phone Interviews01:20
- Ideally, Your Glasses Won’t Dominate the Screen01:58
- Out of the Ordinary Interviews00:44
- Remember, Your Mission Has Not Changed01:39
- The Group Interview02:12
- Interviews In Other Cities01:20
- Job Fair Opportunities04:28
- Panel Interviews01:24
- Behavioral Interviews01:21
- Sequential Interviews02:47
- Job Interviews Over a Meal07:15
- The Recorded Video Interview02:07
- Case Study Interviews01:10
- Obnoxious Questions01:32
- Tests and Projects02:17
- Intro To Courses01:32
- Summer Jobs, Part-Time Jobs02:56
- Intro: Creating Your First Resume06:10
- Interviewing for A Job With Your Existing Company03:35
- Here is How to Handle Good News00:13
- Get It In Writing01:11
- Sometimes You Get a Better Offer00:18
- Share The Good News Quickly01:55
- Show Me the Money!01:03
- This Is How Much Money You Want01:33
- Your Response To Their First Offer02:39
- What To Say About Salary02:50
- The Budget Range02:42
- It’s About More Than Money01:29
- Know Your Priorities01:30
- Added Value01:26
- There Will Never Be a Better Time To Get a pay Increase Than Right Now02:29
- Nobody Gets Every Job Offer00:56
- Don’t Ask Why00:58
- Sometimes You Just Know00:57
- It’s Really Not You01:31
- OK, It Was You01:20
- Focus On Building Your Long Term Reputation02:57
- Your Accomplishments Will Be Remembered Thanks to Great Storytelling01:30
- Tell Me About a Time...00:38
- The Elements of Storytelling00:49
- 10 Assembling the Basic Build Blocks of Your Stories01:08
- 11 The Real Reason We Are Telling These Stories Is...01:31
- 13 Even Deeper Character Development00:50
- 14 You Can Be the Star of Your Own Show01:40
- Here is Where All the Action Takes Place01:39
- Why Nobody Wants to Hear About Your Happy Family01:45
- Setting Up Your Profile in the USAJOBS System - So you can Apply !05:08
Set up an hour to begin your USAJOBS account and create your Profile. The government wants lots of information from you. They want to know if you are a Veteran, Military Spouse, Disabled Person, or if you have ZERO hiring preferences. Many people (including this instructor), who do not have any hiring preferences. I am just a PUBLIC person. Learn how to answer the questions and add your resume to the PROFILE. This is a shorter version that the USAJOBS version. Build the Profile and then you can go to the next step... Adding your resume to the Resume Builder.
- Dialogue will Bring Your Stories to Life03:02
- Building Your Resume in the USAJOBS Builder04:05
The USAJOBS Builder is a great way to build your first federal resume. It will take an hour to copy and paste your Work History, Education, Organizations, Memberships and Additional Information into the builder. You need to have your basic federal resume built before you can go back and target the resume toward one specific job announcement or federal job title.
- Sharing Feelings IS Professional01:55
- Finding a Job Announcement Keywords and Adding to your USAJOBS Builder Resume04:28
Targeting Instructional Design Specialist to Health Systems Educator - Kathryn gives a tour of the Job Announcement for Center for Disease Control position for Health Systems Educator to see if there is a match. This jobseeker is an Instructional Designer with a DOD Army agency. She finds the keywords, skills, and knowledge.... BUT one of the keywords is HEALTH EDUCATION. This client does not have any experience in HEALTH EDUCATION. So, this person would not apply to this job. But she finds GREAT keywords for an improved description of Instructional Design Specialist.
Curriculum and Course Development
Education and Training
Program Support and Strategic Planning
DEAL-BREAKER SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience in having responsibility in the implementation, evaluation, development and dissemination of health educational programs or initiatives.
- Lights! Action! (And no Camera)00:44
- It's OK Not to Love Storytelling03:25
- Put the Audience On Their Edge of Their Seats00:30
- End with a Bang!00:35
- Tie Your Message to Your Story00:40
- Extra Ingredients for A Spicy Story01:42
- And Now, Here Is Your Story00:51
- Time To Get More Job Interviews01:06
- Pros and Cons of Online Job Sites06:30
- Your Referral Pipeline02:51
- The Radical Notion of Following Up01:41
- Find Recruiters In Your Industry01:13
- Social Media Referrals03:17
- Leveraging The Insider’s Network To Your Advantage05:03
- Connect At the Top02:08
- The Bigger Picture00:23
- Learn from Every Single Interview00:43
- If You do Get Advice From An Interviewer, Take It00:47
- Don’t Be Concise. Be Fantastic.00:42
- Guard Against Burnout01:12
- You Have More Power If You Have An Existing Job01:28
- Take a Stretch Interview01:08
- The Best Place to Practice Is Still In Front of a Video Camera01:26
- There Is No Such Thing As a Perfect Job02:11
- Getting Ready for Even More Questions01:47
- What Is Your Biggest Weakness01:28
- What Is the Biggest Mistake You Have ever Made01:20
- What Is the Toughest Question You Fear Being Asked01:04
- Who Are Our Competitors01:15
- What Kind of a Tree Would You Be01:31
- Why do You Want to Leave Your Current Position00:54
- What Is Your Ideal Work Environment00:47
- What Would Your Previous Co-workers Say About You00:46
- Why Are You The Very Best Person for This Job00:53
- Would You Fit In Here With Our Corporate Culture01:25
- What Is Your Favorite Book02:07
- Take a Look At the Long List of Other Questions Posted Here In the Resource Sec00:43
- There Is Still A Chance for You To Ask Any Questions00:45
- This Is How You Upgrade This Course01:01
- Here Is How You Can Get your Certificate of Completion for this Course03:19
- You Are Ready for Any and Every Interview. Congratulations!01:28
- One Last Chance to Make This Course Better for Your Permanent Learning Library01:46
- Bonus Lecture00:03
Free Online Tools And Converters for your use
Input a string of text or a URL and encode the entered stringTry it
Input an encoded string of text or a URL and decode the entered stringTry it
Color Contrast Checker (WCAG)
Calculate the color contrast ration for your website (WCAG)Try it
Paste or upload an XML and have it formatted to a beautiful XML formatTry it
URL Slug Generator
Convert any title or sentence into a variety of slugs for your pages URLTry it
Draw an e-signature or type a signature for your online signatureTry it